Monday, January 18, 2010

Cheesy Potatoes 'n Ham

I guess I'm craving comfort food because all that I've made today has been my mom's recipes! I think it's sad that I have to live so far away from my family, but that's life! I got the following recipe when I was 10 years old from my neighbor. I went to their house for dinner one night and then immediately ran home with the recipe and gave it to my mom. She, of course, adapted it to suit our family's tastes, and since then this recipe has been at the top of my request list. I made it for my husband when we were newly married and it now tops his request list! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Cheesy Potatoes (a.k.a Cornflake Hotdish)

1 (32 oz.) bag cubed hashbrowns--thawed 3o min. at least
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 c. crushed cornflakes
1/2 stick melted butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
6-7 slices cooked ham (lunch meat)

Mix potatoes, soup, sour cream, cheese, ham, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Pour into a greased 9x13 glass baking dish. In another bowl, melt butter in microwave. Toss the crushed cornflakes in the melted butter and sprinkle on top of hashbrowns mixture. Bake at 350 for an hour until bubbly and cornflakes are browned. Serve hot. Delicious as leftovers the next day!







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails