Monday, January 18, 2010

Mom's Chocolate Chip Cookies

I miss my mom! She and my dad along with my sister and nephew live in South Dakota. In fact, the majority of my extended family lives there. Meanwhile, I'm stuck in sunny Southern California...wait...that's not such a bad thing! At any rate, I really wish I could spend rainy days baking and cooking with my mom. But, alas, I'm left to do it solo! I got a hankering for my mom's chocolate chip cookies which, by the way, NEVER turn out as good as hers do! I'm also a much better cook than baker, but I try! So, I spent the afternoon baking cookies and listening to the rain...avoiding lesson planning...

Here's Mom's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe:

Ingredients:
1 c butter at room temp (2 sticks of unsalted butter)
3/4 c white sugar
3/4 c brown sugar (light or dark)
2 eggs at room temp
1 tsp real vanilla extract
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 c (12 oz bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Cream together butter and both sugars. Add eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add slowly to sugar mixture; keep the mixer going on low. Drop by spoonfuls (or use a mini ice cream scoop!) onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through. Depending how much of the raw cookie dough you eat, you should end up with about 3 doz cookies.

Note on the pan choice: air bake pans are a bad choice for this recipe! Don't do it! Resist the urge! use a regular pan without any parchment paper or wax paper on it--just a plain old pan! When you take them out of the oven, let them sit on the pan for a few minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails