Thursday, July 8, 2010

Monkey Bread

Hold on...I can't talk...my mouth is full of this monkey bread!!! I don't know what it is about Monkey Bread that makes me go bananas! {Cue cheesy joke drum solo: ba dump sh} I have to admit that I regularly purchase the frozen Monkey Bread and just do that as a quick dessert or in place of cinnamon rolls for breakfast. But, you can bet that after having made this Monkey Bread I solemnly swear to never purchase frozen Monkey Bread again!

Monkey Bread
Source: Adapted from EzraPoundCake.com (a new favorite blog)

Ingredients:
4 tubes regular sized homestyle refrigerated biscuits or 2 tubes jumbo biscuits
2 cups sugar
2 T cinnamon
2 sticks butter, melted

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
-Melt the butter in a glass dish in the microwave.
-Open all the tubes of refrigerated biscuits and put the biscuit rounds on a large cutting board.
-Mix together the sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl.
-Cut the biscuit rounds into quarters.
-Generously spray the entire inside of a deep, metal pan/bundt pan/tube pan with cooking spray.
-Dip the quarters of biscuit in the butter and then begin arranging them in the pan, stacking them on top of each other in no particular pattern.
-Bake for 40 minutes or until the top springs back when touched with your finger. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes (if you can wait that long!!) and then invert onto a plate to serve.
-Eat them for breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, mid-afternoon pick-me-up, appetizer, dinner, dessert, and midnight snack.

Yeah. I know. Amazing.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails