Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mini Meatball Pizza

Summertiiiiiiimeeee, and the livin' is eaaaaasssyyyyy...Yes! Summer vacation is in full swing and, my friends, have completely neglected to post anything for what seems like an eternity! Perhaps it was the end-of-the-year bustle to get my classroom cleaned out, perhaps it was the countless final papers I had to write, perhaps it was the having to find a house and move within three weeks, perhaps it was laziness. Whatever the cause may have been, I have a few recipes to share with you. I can't promise that I'll be very effective, organized, and efficient in my blogging this summer, though. We'll see! Because summer means hot weather and long, lazy days, I want my meals to be quick and painless. This pizza was cinch and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Mini Meatball Pizza
Source: Me

Ingredients:
1 pizza dough (I used Fresh and Easy Rosemary Focaccia and it was AMAZING--even though I hate rosemary due to a bad breakfast experience with it my freshman year of college in the cafeteria)
1/2--3/4 cup favorite red pizza sauce (I used Fresh and Easy Vodka Cream pasta sauce...weird? NO! AMAZING!)
1 lb ground beef
1 egg
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
pinch crushed red pepper
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2--2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 500 degrees; allow pizza stone to heat with it and let the stone sit in the hot oven for at least 30 minutes.
-Meanwhile, put the ground beef in a bowl, add the Italian seasoning, egg, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper. Mix together using your hands but don't over mix. Put half of the meat in a freezer-safe bag and put it in the freezer for the next time you need a few meatballs. Roll bits of the meat into mini meatballs--make them whatever size you'd like. Set aside.
-Lay a piece of wax or parchment paper out on your counter and sprinkle with some flour. Coat the pizza dough in the flour and stretch it out to form a crust that will fit on your pizza stone. Top with the sauce and mozzarella cheese. Feel free to add any other toppings at this point.
-Begin frying the meatballs in a skillet on the stove top on medium-high. Fry evenly on all sides until the meatballs are just cooked; if they're a little pink still that's even better. Drain on a paper towel and transfer to the top of the pizza. Put the "dressed" pizza on your hot pizza stone and cook for just about 8 minutes. ENJOY!

I love these meatballs!

I almost forgot to take a picture of the pizza...this was all that was left after my husband and his friend chowed down. And, unfortunately, this was the ugliest part of the pizza! Oh well! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Shell Bell!!!!
    Looks yummy, the only thing better than trying this myself would be if you were here to eat with me. Love you so much!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails