Friday, May 28, 2010

Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chops

OH MY GOSH! You HAVE to try this recipe!! What could be better than pork wrapped in pork?! I originally bought the bacon to make BLT sandwiches one evening, but Mario wasn't feeling them so I stuffed the bacon in my small freezer and moved on. I knew, though, that I wanted to make pork chops that same week so I pulled them out waiting for inspiration. And then, BAM! It hit me! I pulled the bacon out and waited patiently for the meat to defrost overnight! After a long day of work, I did not feel like handling raw pork x2, but I'm glad I took the time to do it. You will love this dish! I served mine with a baked potato and steamed veggies! Enjoy!


Bacon-Wrapped Pork Chops
Source: Me
Yields: 4 pork chops

Ingredients:
4 bone-in pork chops
1 package sliced bacon
1 cup brown sugar
salt and pepper

Directions:
Pre-heat a grill to medium-low. Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Wrap the bacon around the pork chops, overlapping the pieces and pressing firmly on to the pork chops (you'll use about 4 pieces per chop). Put the brown sugar on a large plate. Press each bacon-wrapped chop onto the brown sugar plate, making sure you generously coat the top and bottom of the chop with the brown sugar. Grill until chops are done, flipping occasionally so that one side of the bacon doesn't get too much darker than the other. ENJOY!!

1 comment:

  1. Are they super sweet? I am interested in trying this but I don't want them really sweet...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails