Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hot Chocolate for One

It's Southern California! Why was I freezing cold one night yearning for hot cocoa?! Computer Man hadn't come home from work yet and I was busy making dinner, but I was so cold I wanted something hot to warm me up! This hot cocoa was a quick and easy fix for an unexpectedly cold evening!

Hot Chocolate for One
Source: Hershey's Cocoa Powder Container (I cut the recipe in half)

Begin by mixing 1/4 cup sugar, 1/8 cup cocoa powder, small dash salt in a saucepan; stir in 1/6 cup of hot water. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils; boil and stir for 2 minutes.

Stir in 2 cups of milk and heat but DO NOT BOIL. Remove from heat and add vanilla.

Pour into a large mug, top with marshmallows, and sprinkle with some more cocoa powder. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails