Monday, May 24, 2010

Graduation Cookies

I've talked about Summer before, but I'm going to talk about her again. She graduated from Azusa Pacific University with her bachelor's degree and plans to move into the credential program this fall. This is exactly what I did when I graduated, so I'm excited she's following in my footsteps. Hahaha! At any rate, I didn't want to give her the traditional Target gift card--a great gift, don't get me wrong! I just wanted to do something extra this time. So, I told her I'd cater her entire graduation party! It was SO much fun! I've never catered a party before, and I'm sure I could have done a much better job, but it was fun to give it a try.

I decided to take a safer route instead of doing something crazy. Mario and I put hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill, I made my potato salad, and we had a huge selection of other appetizers like a veggie platter, chicken enchilada roll-ups from Annie's Eats (although I used plain tortillas), and a whole slew of chips and dips. I ordered a cake from Costco since I didn't feel like making one, but I did spend a whole bunch of time making these sugar cookies for her. Overall, the party was a huge success and I'm looking forward to my next opportunity to cater for someone!

Directions and recipes for these sugar cookies can be found at Annie's Eats.



1 comment:

  1. Those cookies were amazing!!! And the entire party was amazing, thanks to YOU!!! I love you and am so grateful for you!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails