Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Banana Bread

I love the smell of baking bread...at 11:00 p.m....on a school night...when I have to be up early in the morning! I picked up a bunch of bananas from a box at school--the lunchroom was giving away a ton of extra bananas that were past their serving dates! I knew they were the perfect ripeness for the best bread ever! I love how moist this bread turns out and spreading a little bit of butter on a warm piece makes it even better! Enjoy!


Banana Bread
Source: Mom
Yields: 3 small loaves, 2 medium loaves, or 1 large loaf (I like the 2 medium loaves option)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 large or 5 small ripe bananas (they should have a nice speckled brown peel)
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour milk (1 T lemon juice + enough milk to measure 1/2 cup)
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour (wheat flour would be good, too!)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:
In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix in the order given. Pour into greased loaf pans. Bake for at least an hour (or until toothpick inserted comes out clean) at 325 degrees.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails