Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Unbaked Cookies

Wait! Don't go! Don't be afraid by the title! There's nothing in these cookies that makes them unsafe to be called "unbaked." I promise! These are some of my favorite cookies from childhood. The best part about them? Only 2 people in my house could eat them: me and my dad. My mom and sister loathe coconut, so they refused to touch these cookies. My dad and I would get 2 in our lunches each day and I knew I'd only have to fight him off for the last one! I love the texture, taste, smell, and versatility of these cookies! Enjoy!



Unbaked Cookies
Source: My mom
Yields: as many or as few as the batter makes (I'll explain later)

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup sweetened, shredded coconut
6 T cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup unsalted butter

Directions:
Mix the oats, coconut, powder, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; set aside. In a saucepan over medium-high heat, mix together the sugar, milk, and butter and bring to a rolling boil; allow to boil for 2 minutes. Pour the milk mixture over the oats mixture and stir well. Drop by large or small spoonfuls onto wax paper and allow to cool completely before you eat them (obviously, the smaller the spoonfuls the more cookies you'll get). Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails