Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Buffalo Blue AND Cheese Pizzas

I don't know why but I love spicy foods. I love spicy salsa and I especially love spicy wings. I love the fact that the hot sauce makes me perspire and I love chasing the hot sauce with bread and other sorts of things to try to calm down my tongue. No one understands why I torture myself because it'd be just as easy to not partake in the brouhaha that is my mouth once I'm finished eating. Nevertheless, I'll just continue doing it to myself! I got this recipe from Cooking in Cucamonga but I knew I'd have to do something different for Computer Man who loathes any and all things spicy. Luckily, everything worked out wonderfully in the end: I was able to painfully enjoy my spicy pizza and he devoured his plain cheese pizza (which he, of course, ate alongside a plate of Hawaiian wings). You can totally nix the plain cheese pizza and double everything (except the crust and shredded cheese) to make one large Buffalo Bleu pizza. Enjoy!

Pizza Night! (Buffalo Bleu and Cheese Pizzas)

1 pizza crust
2 cups shredded cheddar and jack cheese
a few crumbles of bleu cheese (less than 1/4 c)
less than 1/4 c bleu cheese dressing
2 green onions, chopped
1 chicken breast, grilled and shredded or diced (I used a George Foreman grill)
4 T hot wing sauce (or more if you want)
1/4 c pizza sauce [not used on the Buffalo Bleu pizza]

Preheat oven to 500 degrees and put the pizza stone in there while it heats up; allow pizza stone to heat for at least 30 minutes--you can prep the pizza while it warms up.

Divide the dough in half and flatten out each half on a piece of floured parchment paper. On one of half, spread the pizza sauce and sprinkle with cheese. You're done with that pizza.

For the other pizza, things are a bit more involved. Mix 2 T of the wing sauce and the bleu cheese dressing together; spread on pizza dough. Mix the grilled chicken with the rest of the wing sauce in separate bowl (I added more of the spicy goodness in this step because I wanted to!). Put the chicken on the dough. Sprinkle the bleu cheese crumbles and the shredded cheese over the chicken. Top with the chopped green onions.

Take the hot pizza stone out of the oven and transfer the pizzas on the parchment to the stone and bake for about 10 minutes. The buffalo pizza will need a bit more time to fully cook than the cheese one so you can always cut the parchment paper in half and take out the cheese pizza after about 8 minutes and then let the buffalo pizza cook for another 4 minutes, or so. I didn't do this; I just let the cheese pizza get a little browned since Computer Man actually likes that sort of thing. Serve with a crisp salad!





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails