Thursday, February 25, 2010

Hawaiian Pizza

Computer Man is from New Jersey which means pizza can only be eaten if it is greasy, cheesy, and foldable. "It's all about the fold." I don't get it. I prefer a thick, bubbly crust, lots of cheese, a pile of veggies, and the perfect sauce; I say, "It's all about the cheese and sauce." I think it's weird to fold a pizza. You fold things like laundry, paper, eggs into batter, and your arms when you're upset. You don't fold pizza. But, alas, he's an East-coaster and they're not too keen on changing. So, when it comes to making pizza in this house, I worry because I haven't mastered the foldable pizza. I was nervous with this recipe since it was totally made up in my head; I usually rely upon cookbooks and other food blogs as my sources of recipes. This pizza smelled delicious both before and after it was cooked, and it looks pretty, too! I waited eagerly for Computer Man's reaction...wait for it...wait for it...THUMBS UP and an, "Oh my GOSH!" I love it when I have a successful night in the kitchen with a brand new recipe. I actually made half the pizza with wheat dough and the other half with traditional white dough since Computer Man's tastes aren't inclined toward wheat. But, luckily, I was able to convince him to try a bite of the wheat dough and he actually liked it! Overall, the pizza is sweet and savory and the flavors blend together perfectly so that no one flavor overpowers any other. Please enjoy this as much as we did!

Hawaiian Pizza
Source: Me
Yield: 1 pizza

Ingredients:
1 pizza dough
2 cups mozzarella
1/8 cup bacon bits
7 slices honey ham lunch meat, diced
1/2 cup pizza sauce (I used a heaping 1/2 cup)
1/2 - 1 cup diced pineapple (depends on how much pineapple you want; I used chunked pineapple from the can and just cut it into smaller pieces)
a sprinkling of freshly shredded parmesan cheese

Directions:
Put your pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500 degrees. Allow pizza stone to sit in hot oven for at least 30 minutes. Meanwhile, sprinkle some flour on a piece of parchment paper. Work your pizza dough out on the parchment paper to the size of your pizza stone. Pour the pizza sauce on and spread around, leaving about 1/2 inch border around the edge. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella on the sauce. Top with the diced ham and pineapple. Sprinkle with the bacon bits and the shredded parmesan. Get the pizza stone out of the oven and put the parchment paper containing the pizza on the stone. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly and delicious. Enjoy with a salad and your favorite soda!







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails