Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Paninis

A few years ago I requested a panini press for Christmas. I was on a big panini kick and thought the only way to make them successfully would be on a panini press. Surely I couldn't just use a pan and a brick--no way, too indigenous! My parents so graciously listened to my countless hints and blessed me with a Cuisinart grill and panini press. It's the perfect tool because the grill plates are interchangeable; I can put the ridged plates on to create the perfect grill lines on sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers, chicken, steak, etc. Or, I can put the flat plates on, open up the lid to create a long, flat cooking surface that I can cook pancakes, or really anything else for which I need a large surface. I love it! My husband also loves paninis, so he was the one who actually requested them for lunch after church one Sunday. Of course, since his tastes are a bit less adventurous than mine, he wanted a simple ham and provolone on sourdough, while I opted for a provolone and roasted red pepper. Both were the perfect combination of flavors and I was glad for his suggestion! If you've got a panini press, get creative with what you put in between those two pieces of bread! Enjoy!

Roasted Red Pepper and Provolone Panini
Source: Me

2 slices of extra sourdough bread
butter
mayo
2 large roasted red peppers from a jar
2 slices of provolone cheese

Turn the panini press on to medium-high. Butter one side of the bread and lay on the press (it's okay if it's not heated up yet). Spread some mayo onto the bread and layer with the roasted red pepper and provolone cheese. Spread mayo on the other half of bread and lay on top of the cheese. Spread some butter on the top of the bread, close the panini press lid and allow to grill until there are golden brown lines in the bread and the cheese is melted and oozing out the sides a bit. Enjoy with a handful of your favorite chips, veggie sticks, or salad.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails